Air New Zealand is offering its passengers an iPhone extension of it’s famous Inflight Concierge service.
London-Spot-On™, a free iPhone application which can be downloaded from iTunes, helps travelers find the top local spots for a purchase or a pint, provides one-touch access to resources such as travel deals, tube maps, hand-picked recommendations and can’t-miss events, tourist sites, and insider recommendations on local secrets.
- Personally-recommended places to eat, shop, relax and experience
- One-touch access to query Air New Zealand Concierge staff
- Hand-picked Activities sorted by genre, source and proximity
- Interactive Tube Map
- London Taxi numbers pre-programmed
- Eavesdrop on local Twitter chatter
- Plan a trip offline, roaming or even at 30,000 feet in ‘plane mode.’ Sync feature enables download of the latest local activities directly to the iPhone or iTouch.
- Automatically awaits Wi-FI connection prior to downloading updates, saving on international data roaming fees
- Direct access to air fares and special Air New Zealand offers and promotions
The application is compatible with iPhone and iTouch and requires the iPhone 2.0 software update.