Delta Air Lines will increase service at Boston’s Logan International Airport with daily year-round and seasonal service to the following seven destinations, including three new markets.
Their services will include:
- New daily service to Jacksonville, Fla. and Richmond, Va., operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air using 76-seat, two-class CRJ-900s, effective March 3, 2014 and March 6, 2014
- New service to Las Vegas with three flights per week operating a Boeing 737-800, effective March 6, 2014
- Expanding service to Los Angeles with one additional flight for a total of two daily operating a Boeing 737-800, effective April 7, 2014
- New Saturday-only summer seasonal service to Nassau, Bahamas, operated by Delta Connection carrier Shuttle America using 76-seat, two-class E-175s as well as the Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands using an Airbus 320, effective March 8, 2014
- Extended service to Cancun, previously scheduled to end April 26, 2014, now ending Aug. 30, 2014
Bob Cortelyou, senior vice president –Network Planning said:
“We continue to see a growing demand in Boston and increased flights next year will give our customers more direct service at more convenient times. Boston is a key domestic city in our network, and we are committed to providing service that continues to keep us the preferred airline of our customers.”
Delta and joint venture partner, Virgin Atlantic, recently announced they will coordinate schedules and retime their respective Boston to Heathrow flights.
Delta currently operates 70 peak-day departures from Logan International Airport to 16 nonstop destinations.