|Photo courtesy and copyright Qatar Airways|
Ahead of its joining the oneworld alliance, Qatar Airways unveiled details of its exciting new enhancements made to the airline’s frequent flyer programme – Privilege Club. Speaking about the loyalty programme, Qatar Airways Chief Executive Officer Akbar Al Baker said that customer loyalty is very important to the airline’s growth strategy:
Since Qatar Airways’ Privilege Club loyalty programme launch in 2000, it has firmly established itself as one of the leading frequent flyer reward programmes in the industry, with benefits designed with the traveller in mind. This is an exciting time to be a Qatar Airways Privilege Club member. As a “thank you” to our many loyal members who have been with the programme since its inception, we are delighted to offer enhanced member benefits.
Some of the new introductions include:
Introduction of the New Platinum Tier:
Platinum will be introduced as the highest tier level in the programme, offering superior benefits and privileges to members who have earned at least 600 Qpoints within a 12 month period. Qpoints are awarded to members to achieve a particular membership status.
Some of the exciting benefits for Platinum members include:
- Tier bonus of an additional 100% of the base miles
- Qcredits- a new reward benefit which can be redeemed for a selection of services
- No Qmiles expiry as long as Platinum members retain the Platinum tier.
- 5% online discount on award tickets
- Special discount for purchases at Qatar Duty Free
A brand new reward benefit, Qcredits will be awarded to Gold and Platinum members and can be redeemed for a selection of services such as complimentary upgrades and Excess Baggage on Qatar Airways flights, payment of award fees (incurred during the change / cancellation of award tickets) and guest lounge access at Doha International Airport.
New Tier Qualification And Renewal Thresholds:
Upgrades to the next membership tier will now be easy to achieve as Qpoints earned within any 12 month period will be evaluated daily. Privilege Club’s tier renewal criteria has been modified to consider flights in the last 12 or 24 months to make tier renewal more convenient.
Enhanced Member Benefits:
The Family programme which allows main members to pool their Qmiles for quicker awards will be offered to the entire Privilege Club member base. In addition to spouse and children, main members will be able to nominate parents as family members
- Reduced fees and surcharges applicable on award tickets
- Enrolment age into the programme has been reduced to 12 years to encourage young frequent travellers to have their own membership accounts
- Qmiles that have expired or are about to expire can be extended for a minimal fee