Singapore Airlines will suspend all its flights to and from Bangkok until further notice due to the security situation, and a lack of operational service staff, at Suvarnabhumi Airport.
The suspension includes those flights scheduled between Tokyo Narita and Bangkok, in addition to flights between Bangkok and Singapore.
Customers booked on flights in the near future are advised to monitor for news about flights on the Singapore Airlines website. When a decision is made to resume flights, an announcement will be made.
At this time, given the situation at Suvarnabhumi Airport, it is not possible to say when flights will resume, but it is hoped the situation can return to normal soon so customers can resume their travel plans, or return home.
Singapore Airlines will waive all cancellation and change fees for customers with tickets to Bangkok on Singapore Airlines flights issued prior to 26 November, for travel up to and including 7 December, 2008 [see Editor’s Note following].
Customers whose flights are being disrupted should contact their travel agent, or if the booking was made directly with Singapore Airlines, contact any Singapore Airlines Reservations Service Centre (in Singapore, 6223 8888).
Singapore Airlines apologises to customers for the inconvenience caused by this disruption, however seeks the understanding of customers that the security situation in Bangkok would compromise the safety of operations.
Cancellation and Change Fees
- Cancellation and Change Fee Waiver
- Valid for tickets issued prior to 26 November 2008 for travel on a Singapore Airlines flight into Bangkok;
- Valid for travel up to and including 7 December 2008;
- Customers may change the routing of their journey, defer the date of travel or cancel, without penalty;
- Any change of date or routing will be charged at the new fare for that journey less the fare for the journey paid to Bangkok, with no amendment fee (eg, if travel is deferred to a higher season, the seasonal surcharge difference will still apply);
- The same conditions apply for KrisFlyer redemption tickets.