GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) announced that it is all set for its maiden Haj operations from Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
GHIAL has provided all facilities at the new Haj Terminal for the convenience of the pilgrims this year. The facilities are meant for both the passengers and the visitors.
The Saudia Airlines Airbus A300 flight to Hyderabad will land at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport at 4 a.m. on October 30, 2008 from Jeddah. The flight will take-off from Hyderabad to Medina with 300 passengers at 5:30 am.
The facilities include:
- Separate area for passengers and visitors.
- Separate toilets for male and female passengers are provided at the passengers and visitors area.
- Departure Lounge is provided.
- Security Hold Area has Tea/Coffee & snacks joints, telephone booth with local / STD / ISD, Forex Counters, & Duty Free area.
- First Aid facility.
- Paid Parking for the vehicles of passengers and greeters.
A Prayer Hall is also provided for Male and Female Passengers with facilities for Vazu (ablutions).
The airport is also providing buggies for elderly passengers besides wheelchairs for those who need this facility.
“An exclusive terminal for the first time in Hyderabad has been constructed with all integrated facilities like customs, immigration, security, food & beverage, retail / duty free, an exclusive car park for Haj travellers, which will bring down the processing time and enhance the standards of service provided by GHIAL”, said Mr. Viswanath, Chief Commercial Officer, GHIAL.