The planned December 15th strike in Belgium is causing India’s Jet Airways to cancel and re-route flights.
The following flights have been cancelled
- 9W228 from Mumbai to Brussels and Brussels to Newark on December 15th
- 9W227 Newark to Brussels on December 14th and Brussels to Mumbai on December 15th
The following flights are rerouted for a technical stop via Paris temporarily for that day.
- 9W230 from Delhi to Toronto on December 15th will operate via Paris
- 9W229 Toronto to Delhi on December 15th will operate via Paris.
The airline is trying to ensure guests are protected and re-accommodated on other flights. Other options that are being offered to guests who have purchased tickets to travel to, from, or via Brussels on December 15th, 2014 and who wish to change their flight plans are as follows.
- Guests have been offered first travel options on Jet Airways flights operating on earlier or later dates in the lowest available price band.
- Guests can also postpone travel dates up to 10 days from the original travel date without any penalties
- If the options offered on Jet Airways operated flights are not acceptable to our guests the next preferred option to be offered will be on Etihad Airways operated flights wherever possible
- Fees for passengers wishing to change their tickets are waived for this one instance only. Any subsequent changes will be subject to normal re-issue fees.
- The airline is also providing refunds without cancellation penalties for un-utilised tickets and for the unused portion of the partially utilised tickets.
- If the original booking class is not available, passengers will be offered the option of booking the next available class while paying the fare difference.
If guests need to travel on the original date, the following options on other airlines can be offered.
- Guests booked on Mumbai – Brussels can be rerouted to Paris (CDG). However, the airline will not provide any surface transport, nor compensation to guests from Brussels to Paris.
- Similarly guests travelling to Newark can be rerouted to New York JFK on Etihad Airways, Air India, United Airways, Lufthansa or Emirates. However, no transportation or compensation will be provided from Newark to JFK
Guests are advised to visit www.jetairways.com ; or call the Jet Airways Contact Centre in the US at 1-877-UFLYJET (1-877-835-9538), Belgium at 0808 101 1199 and India at +91 22 3989 33 33; or contact their travel agent for the latest details.