Last week, purely as a fun story, we posted a computer generated image of Mumbai airport’s new Terminal 2 and asked you to spot some inconsistencies. Time for the answers and for you to compare your observations with your fellow readers.
Going clockwise from the bottom left.
- The graphic designer forgot that there are no traffic signals in the middle of the taxiway. The Cathay Pacific 747 is heading for a collision with the light mast.
- Clearly this image was made some years ago when Vijay Mallya promoted Kingfisher Airlines was still flying. However, the Kingfisher A380 in the image is just a pipe dream, much like the poor employees and vendors of the defunct airline getting their dues.
- Emirates has one of the biggest wide-body fleets in the world, but at no time did it operate a passenger 747.
- There appears to be seven Air India Boeing 747s spread around the terminal, more than currently in the fleet.
- Four British Airways 747s? Hopefully the airline will increase its service to Mumbai, but not any time soon.
Hope you enjoyed the fun exercise. Thanks for your support.